Life gets busier, work environments are uglier, and there are not enough growing & learning opportunities within jobs.
Suppose that is your career story as a software engineer. In that case, you need to locate a software firm that provides a flexible work environment; and serves an expansive mixture of industries.
Why is a flexible work environment the way to go for you?
- First, these give you the upper hand in balancing work with life.
- Also, the companies that choose to adopt those unique work environments usually provide a healthier work environment for the talents.
- Finally, working in a firm that serves multiple industries surely will widen your experience within the work process.
Where to look for opportunities?
Searching for a job opportunity can easily be a full-time job. In addition, if you are searching for a remote or hybrid work model, it will get harder.
LinkedIn would be a great start. Even though, focusing all your efforts there might not get you luck quickly. Let’s look at other options in that area.
The first one is contacting the global platform specialized in hiring & outsourcing software domain talents remotely. Like:
Your second option would be to engage with the software development local communities, searching for opportunities matching your ideal employer profile.
Challenges you may face.
While checking the global option would be exciting, you will face two challenges.
The first is that being a global hiring platform means there are lots of candidates, meaning extremely hard competition.
Another challenge is the poor work environment. These platforms usually have long lists of “standby” talents, making it very easy for them to get rid of employees sometimes even for no fair reason.
Apart from this, the local companies also have challenges you need to consider.
Stability would be a big one. I bet you heard about the layoffs that have affected lots of talents in the software development domain recently. Many companies going bankrupt in today’s unstable market.
The financial return is an issue in the local stable software development companies. The salary packages probably are low if you compare them to global platforms.
How to be the best candidate?
Found the Opportunity? Time to land the job. In today’s market, with the increasing talents, great development plans, and opportunities for everyone. Survival is for the fittest and most flexible.
Don’t Just think about ticking boxes and fitting the criteria for the job description. After all, why should they pick you over other applicants that ticked the boxes too?
You should start selling yourself from the moment you press apply until you accept the offer. Let’s look into some skills that will definitely make you one of the best fits in every position:
- Do your homework: Find as much as you can about the job, the interviewers, and the company. Don’t be afraid to show it.
- Pitch your soft skills: Show the employer you will handle conflict and criticism, and you will quickly adapt to the culture.
- Have an unstoppable enthusiasm: Employers can tell the difference between someone with genuine enthusiasm and someone who is just there to pay bills.
- Point-Out continued development: They will overlook minor areas you may lack if you have the desire and the ability to learn.
Happy Job landing games, and may the odds be in your favor.
MD-Labs is the best place to work, why?
MD-Labs is a great place to join because it’s a great place to stay. We depend on our three work environment values; flexibility, growth, and motivation. We in MD-labs are proud of our comfortable hybrid and flexible environment.
But our work environment is not all we have. Every talent can rely on Stability, Project Variety, and Good Financial Packages.
MD-Labs is not new in the market, we have been operating steadily since our foundation day.
Taking on the software development role in various industries, from edutainment platforms to the automotive industry. We support our talent by securing a genuine opportunity for continuous growth and development.
Finally, the hiring contracts include great calculated salary packages and structured raise rates in the mix to ensure full support for every employee.